My January Glossybox arrived this morning, and I was so exited to see a bright pink box!
This month was themed around valentines day with some lovely goodies to pamper yourself before your hot date.
Left to right:
1. FAB Gentle body wash. I haven't heard much about the brand FAB before but after a little 'googling' I found out the range is fragrance free, contains no parabens, harsh chemicals or colourants, is allergen tested and comes recommended by dermatologists, so perfect for sensitive skin like mine. Being a body wash though I usually like mine to smell fresh and fruity and this smells of nothing! However I will definitely be giving this a try and possibly looking into their facial skincare products as I think i would benefit more from their products on my face, where my skin is most sensitive.
2. WELEDA One step cleanser and toner. I received a full size Weleda body oil back in the July Glossybox but never actually got round to using it! This smells very similar to the body oil (sort of a fruity/medicinal scent) which I am not overly keen on but I am always up for trying new cleansers so will give this a go tonight I think!
3. EYEKO Skinny eyeliner in Emerald Green. I'm gutted that this came in green. When ever i get makeup samples in my Glossybox they are always GREEN! why?!! After reading Gemma's and Emma's posts I found out they got a light pink colour, similar to Benefits Eye Bright, which I would of much preferred but never mind! Potential pressie for my Mum!
4. MURAD Hybrids skins perfecting primer-dewy finish. I used the primer this morning and was pleasantly surprised. I don't really buy into the whole primer thing, maybe because Ive never used a good one? But this did actually work! My make up is still in place 10 hours later and it did give a nice dewy finish. However at £29 for the full size I don't think i like it that much!
5. ORLY Nail lacquer in Ruby. I haven't tried an Orly nail varnish before but after a quick test this looks like a lovely deep red colour and very good quality (doesn't need more than one coat). Will definitely be giving this a try!
Overall I was pleased with this months box and I am never disapointed with the presentation of the box. Other reviews I have seen had some different bits in such as some Clarins creams, but I wasn't too fussed as I have had bad experiences with Clarins products in the past (majorly breaking me out!)
Are you subscribed to Glossybox? What did you think of this months box?!
Love Bri. x
Monday, 30 January 2012
Sunday, 22 January 2012
Following on with my love for Zooey Deschanel I have copied her tuxedo nails that she wore for the Golden Globes 2012 and they were surprisingly easy to do...okay I may have had a little help with the bows on my right hand from the Boyf lol! But apart from that they were quite quick and simple!
First I applied a layer of Barry M nail paint in white
Then using the Models Own nail art pen I painted on black tips, 3 dots for buttons and a tiny little bow tie!
Then after my nails had dried completely I finished off with a topcoat of Models own clear nail varnish.
Hope you like them?!
Love Bri. x
Friday, 20 January 2012
It has been such a long time since I got paid, as over Christmas my company pays our wages early, which is good at the time but 6 weeks later I'm skint and itching to get out and buy some new things!
Here are some bits I've got my eye on!
1. Topshop textured foil tee £30. I love this tee, its the perfect combination of casual yet stylish, which I love and you can easily dress it up or down. I have been lusting after this for ages so if I dont get my hands on it I know I will regret it!
2. Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer £10. I have seen some really good reviews on this concealer, It has two shades of concealer and a setting powder all in one little compact and recently Ive been getting a bit bored of my Bourjois healthy mix concealer so I think I'm gonna give it a go.
3. Topshop Speckle t-shirt dress £29. I love this dress so much. I seem to be drawn to anything grey and speckley at the moment and again this is perfect for dressing up or down, good for layering and a nice transition piece to take me into spring/summer.
4. Urban Outfitters Aztec Scarf £16. I saw this scarf whilst browsing the UO site and fell in love! the colours are amazing and anything Aztec print is a winner in my eyes!
5. Converse Allstar Lite £37.99. I love converse trainers and have quite a few pairs but I have never just gone for a pair in plain black. I cant decide between the lite Allstars or normal though?!
6. Benefit The Porefessional £23. The Blogging world is going crazy for this product at the moment and of course being a sucker for anything benefit I am so tempted to try it. However the £23 price tag is majorly putting me off. I may have a sneaky look on ebay to see if I can find it a bit cheaper!
Have a lovely weekend.
Love Bri. x
Thursday, 19 January 2012
Zooey is currently starring in the new sitcom on channel 4 called 'New Girl' which my fiance and I are loving so much! She also stars in 500 days of summer and Almost famous which are a few of my favourite films of all time!
Not only is she beautiful, hilarious and has a great sense of style but she is an amazing actress and singer too! Is there anything she can't do?!
Her style is cute, classy, vintage and quirky all rolled into one and she does it so effortlessly!
Here are some 'Zooey inspired' pieces from the highstreet...
Boutique By Jaeger Bow Back Prom Dress
Carey Dress by Annie Greenabelle
Striped Skater Belt Dress by Rare
Rotfield Blouse by Sister Jane
Which celebrity's style are you loving at the moment?!
Love Bri. x
Alexander Wang Rocco Looky-likey! (Focco!)
Clockwise from top left: 1. My diary from Paperchase + pens 2. Vaseline, snow fairy lip balm + cargo lipgloss 3. Keys + random hair band 4. Strepsils cause i always have a sore throat! 5. Asthma pump 6. Batiste dry shampoo 7. FC5 hand cream 8. Impulse body spray 9.Tissues 10.Purse from Topshop 11. Hairbrush 12. Estee Lauder eye pencil in brown
Hope you are having a super day...Friday tomorrow...WOOHOO!
love Bri. x
Posted by Bri at 18:07
Tuesday, 17 January 2012
This Spring/Summer Pastels are going to be huge, which I am so exited about! I cant get anough of pastels, and being a natural ginge they work really well with my skin tone, compared to bright and bold colours! The colours are beautiful and really remind me of a pack of Refreshers sweets!
There are loads of great buys on the highstreet...I have just picked out a few of my favourites!
Posted by Bri at 15:48